Friday 26 December 2014

Living In The Cloud: 1 Year on


After spending a year living in the Cloud it’s been a very enjoyable experience that will pobably continue for many years to come as it fits my workflow & usage 100%. As a blogger I need to work in the Cloud so it’s something that I have to do on a regular basis anyway.
{Break}
While lliving in the Cloud takes away the convenience of having locally installed applications it has ment that my Laptop bag is now smaller and lighter as I use an 11.6” Acer C720 Chromebook which has all the benifit of a Laptop in an Ultrabook format without having to pay the premium that an Ultrabook costs.



I take my Chromebook with me just about everywhere and it’s a pleasure not having to carry a heavy Desktop replacement Laptop around with me as it’s nice and light. When I’m at home the same evice gets used as my Desktop.
[Pic (acb)]
All the programs that I regularly used on my Desktop replacement are available as web apps including Microsoft Office. For the ones that are not available in web app form like Photoshop, Premier Pro & Visual Studio I use my Desktop Replacement and Remote Desktop into it from my Chromebook using Chrome Remote Desktop.


Microsoft Office Online

Chrome Remote Desktop



Conclusion

Living in the Cloud is pretty easy to do as long as yoou can live with the limited amount of things that youo can do whilie Offline. If you already do alot of Online stuff like YouTube, Social Media & blogging then living in the Cloud is relativly easy to do.

Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire