Wednesday 3 December 2014

Advent HB212 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub Follow-Up


After using the Advent HB212 4-Port USB Hub for a few days I thought it was about time that I did a follow-up Article.

With the Hub plugged directly into My Chromebook I've got my USB Headset plugged directly into the Hub along with the Transmitter dongle for my Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, my Laptop docking station and a USB Docking Station for a D-Link WiFi Dongle as a USB extension for the 4th Port on the Hub.

My USB  Headset works perfectly fine when plugged into the mains Powered Hub unlike when it was plugged into the bus Powered Hub on my Docking station as does my Wireless Keyboard and Mouse which had issues when plugged into the Hub on the dock.

Whit this Hub & the one on my docking station I've now got a total of 7 USB 2.0 Ports and 1 USB 3.0 Ports giving me plenty of space to plug in anything that I need.

With the small form factor of this hub it has allowed me to stick it under the top of my desk and run all the cables for it around the frame of the desk making it look extremely neat and tidy.

I'd definitely recommend this hub for anyone that is using an Ultrabook or Desktop replacement Laptop as their main Desktop as it adds valuable USB ports that seem to e becoming extremely rare on doth Ultrabooks and Desktop Replacements.

Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire