Wednesday 6 August 2014

Huawei E5330 Mobile Wi-Fi Modem Router Unboxing & First Impressions

31Q57DPKNkL._SY300_ 

Firstly I'd like to say sorry for the somewhat poorly taken pictures but I didn't have much time to take the unboxing pictures.

 Unbagging

In the Currier Shipping bag there was the device its self and a Contract Sim Pack.

Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 Box
Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 Box
Three UK Contract Sim Pack
Three UK Contract Sim Pack
Unboxing

I got this Mobile WiFi Modem Router from Three UK, and to say that I got it from a Carrier the box doesn't have any Carrier branding on it what so ever apart from a Three Security Seal Sticker sealing the box closed.

The Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 sitting at the top of the box once opened
The Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 sitting at the top of the box once opened
Documentation under the cardboard tray that holds the Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 unit
Documentation under the cardboard tray that holds the Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 unit
All the documentation that came in the box
 All the documentation that came in the box
Accessories in bottom of the box
Accessories in bottom of the box
Battery for the Mobile WiFi Hotspot
Battery for the Mobile WiFi Hotspot
Inside of the Mobile WiFi Hotspot
Inside of the Mobile WiFi Hotspot
Sim Card inserted
Sim Card inserted
Battery inserted
Battery inserted
All put together & powered on
 All put together & powered on

The reason that there was a second Sim Pack in the Shipping bag I assume is because I'm a Three Customer already and that the second line for the mobile WiFi is on an existing subscriber discount as the Mobile number on the second Sim Pack matches up with the Mobile number for the Sim Pack on the invoice as well as for the Mobile number on a welcome letter that I received from Three this morning.

First impressions


The Mobile WiFi unit is small and can easily slip in your pocket & it even fits nicely into the front pocket of my Targus Chromebook bag.

Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 Speeds
Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 Speeds

3G Speeds from my iPhone 4S
3G Speeds from my iPhone 4S
The speed from the Huawei Mobile WiFi E5330 Modem Router is faster than the speed I get from my iPhone 4S at home, so I think the Mobile WiFi Hotspot will get used more than my iPhone WiFi Hotspot while I'm away from my fixed line Broadband connection, but since I've got 1GB of tethering a month on my Phone Account and the 1GB of Mobile Broadband a month on my new Account that gives me a combined 2GB a month of Mobile Broadband to get online while I'm away which is plenty for my Chromebook, Google Nexus 7, Son's Android Tablet and the wife's iPhone 4S when were in a 2G only area.

I'll do a full review in a month or two once I've had time to fully test the device.

Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire